If you thought, spots were something that only teenagers got. Think again! Many women suffer from acne well into their mid-20s and 30s. So what is it, that causes acne or skin related problems? You may wonder! Skin related problem could be a result of anything, from stress to hormone fluctuations, etc. Today, there are many creams and antibiotics in the market that promise significant improvement in the quality of your skin, however, nothing works better than quality food, fresh air and plenty of exercise.
While obviously, genetics and lifestyle play an important role in the skin health, there are many food items that can help you fight skin related problems such as acne, wrinkles, etc.
Balanced Diet Is the Key To Healthy Skin
Many experts believe that eating a balanced diet is the perfect recipe for healthy skin. Not only are nutrients in a diet responsible for a healthy looking skin, but they also promote health and wellness. Here are a few food items you must use in your daily diet for a healthy looking skin.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is high is antioxidants, including vitamins such as Vitamin C and E. Vitamin C is Broccoli helps in the production of collagen and keeps the skin fresh and healthy. On the other hand, Vitamin E protects the skin membrane against damaging UV effects.
- Almond: Almonds can be served with rice, yogurt, and salad. You can eat them whole or fried. They are the best food source for Vitamin E, nourish the skin, restoring the oils within, and protect the skin from the damaging effects of UV rays.
- Carrot: Carrots help you stay healthy and vibrant. They are high on beta Carotene, which is converted to Vitamin A and helps in repairing skin tissues that got damaged by the harsh rays of the sun.
- Tropical Fruits: Eating tropical fruits like guava, pineapple, kiwi, etc. protects the skin against free radicals and repairs the skin. It helps in producing collagen that keeps the skin firm and elastic.
Besides including these food items in your daily diet, you should consume plenty of water. Water keeps the skin hydrated, reducing the harmful effects of pollutants. Remember, good diet and change in lifestyle is all it takes for a clear and healthy looking skin.
The charm of the glamour industry is attracting many youngsters to try their luck in the modelling career. But, it is not a cakewalk to become a successful model as it requires a lot of hard work in the field. Here are some tips for you if you want to become a successful name in the fashion industry.
Quick Modeling Tips for Beginners
- Before going to any modelling agency, it is important that you have done a thorough research about it. While doing the interview, ask about its major clients from the industry and the success rate of placing the aspirants in the modeling industry.
- Never go with your pictures or portfolio on the very first meeting. It is also better to avoid going to a personal address and paying money in advance.
- Get yourself equipped with all the knowledge about the industry in order to save yourself from getting duped by spending thousands on classes, pictures and other activities that have no potential.
- Always arrive on time for your first professional shoot. This is the first sign of becoming a professional model. Take all the calls in a prompt manner and show up on time.
- Invest in a quality portfolio clicked by a professional photographer. Your pictures will be an important tool for your modelling career, so it is important that your professional portfolio is excellent.
- Conduct yourself as a team player as the models are just one aspect of the whole game. Other players include the stylists, hair artist, makeup artist, designers, and photographers. In order to get the best results, it is important that you coordinate with all of them.
If you follow all the tips, you are sure to become a successful model. But, always remember to not get carried away by the glamour industry and keep your foot on the ground for a long stint in the industry.
The Modelling world is all about impressions and your portfolio is the first thing that will market you in the modelling industry. So, once you have decided to become a model, the next step is to create a portfolio. If your portfolio is able to make the first impression for you then, there is definitely no stopping for you. Hence, here are some tips that you can follow to get your first portfolio designed in the best manner.
Tips For Creating A Modeling Portfolio :
- The first thing that you need to do is to hire a professional photographer. Only a professional photographer can give you an edge in the industry. Search on the internet or ask your friends to suggest a good one within your budget. The decision of choosing a photographer should be based on the experience, policies, credits and rates of the photographer.
- Decide on the type of photos you want to include in your portfolio. This will depend upon the look that you are comfortable with and is best suited for you. You can also take suggestions from the photographers to get the best look for you.
- Hire a professional makeup and hair artist for your photo shoot as it can completely enhance your photos. Only a professional would know about the hair and make-up that best suits your face and personality, so make a wise decision.
- Prepare yourself with all your clothes to reach the venue of the shoot before time. Make sure you have taken with you all the important stuff like some cash, extra make up kit, extra clothes, some healthy snacks, etc. for your shoot.
- The next step after the photos are clicked is selecting them. Make sure you choose photos with different looks, expressions having a different background every time. Also, include a smiling headshot, a ¾ length shot, a non-smiling headshot and a full body shot.
Your portfolio should contain only the best photos containing your best profiles and poses. Finally, remember to keep your photos in 8×10” prints in pristine condition without any bends or folds. As every detail counts, keep all the photos in a professional portfolio book.
Posted: May 14, 2014 in Make up tips
Tags: eye make up
Regarded as one of the most beautiful features, eyes are known to reflect the personality of an individual. Every woman desires to enhance the beauty of her eyes using the perfect eye makeup which can make her eyes look more impressive and beautiful. To get the perfect look, it is important to apply eye makeup in the right way. If not applied properly, it is enough to spoil the entire look of your face. Listed here are some tips which you can consider for applying the perfect eye makeup:
Forming the basis of your entire eye make-up, eye shadow must be chosen with utmost care. Make sure that you buy an eye shadow of a good brand name to ensure that it is of good quality. Choose a shade which matches your outfit, you can also go for a multi color eye shadow to have a funky look. Once you have the right eye shadow, start applying the prime color on your eyelid. Then, apply lighter shade of that color right below your eyebrows. Blend the two properly to get the right look.
Eyeliners are available in a variety of colors; you can choose the one matching your outfit to enhance the entire look. They are available in both pencil and liquid form. Eyeliner can be applied just above or below the eyes. The best way to apply a liner is by starting from the inner most corner of the eye to the outside in just one stroke.
To add to the natural beauty of the eye lashes, mascara is used. Mascara makes the eye lashes look more long, curvy and thick. Though it is available in a variety of colors, black color mascara is most widely used. It is not that difficult to apply mascara but it is important to do it in one single stroke to get the perfect look.
The right eye makeup is enough to add charm to your overall personality. If applied properly, eye makeup can provide a catchy and impressive look.
It is the summer season which demands for comfortable and cool clothes. To beat the heat of summers, it is essential to wear clothes which keep the body cool and sweat free. For summers, all women wish to fill in their wardrobe with the most comfortable dresses. But when it comes to finding the perfect summer dress, they face a lot of difficulty. This is mainly because of the wide range of dresses available in the market. Listed here are a few tips you can consider while buying summer dresses:
One of the key aspects that is important to consider while choosing summer dresses is comfort. Summer heat being quite discomforting, demands for clothes which are cool and comfortable. To ensure comfort, you can buy clothes made of soft and breathable fabrics such as cotton. Cotton helps in keeping the body cool which is very important in summers.
Some colors keep the body cool by reflecting the rays of the sun. Make sure that you avoid heavy and dark colors such as navy blue, black, brown and grey as they add on to the heat during summers. Go for soft and subtle colors such as pink, yellow, white and blue colored dresses which provide a stylish look along with comfort.
During summers, it is better to wear loose fitting clothes as they provide more comfort. Some people like wearing fitted clothes; these can be very uncomfortable during the summer season. To completely enjoy the summer season, it is essential to give importance to the fitting of the clothes.
With celebrities becoming the new trend setters of the fashion industry, a completely different set of dressing style is being followed. Women have always been very particular about their clothes and they desire to wear just the best. Today, women like to follow up with their favorite celebrities and stay updated with their fashion statements.
Posted: May 29, 2013 in Uncategorized
Bollywood is a gateway for you to enter and make all your dreams come true. It’s not just a platform to showcase your talent but much more and much bigger. Some often say that Bollywood is an adaptation of Hollywood, but in the broader spectrum it is an evolution of Hindi Cinema influenced by some western silver screen practices and trends.
There are 3 C’s extremely popular among varied Indians – Cricket, Cinema and Crime. They are crazy about Bollywood- whenever an actor sings a romantic number for her beloved, the usual separation drama in the second half and the much awaited climax makes up for the blue print of any Hindi film. A famous actor has well coated that they are popular because of their fans. They are actors because of their fans. The craze for Bollywood can be well witnessed everywhere. From clothes to hairstyles of actors and actresses of Hindi films are blindly followed. All this fuels up a question in mind- why Indian youth is so much fascinated?
You do have a Wallpaper of your favorite actresses on your desktop. What does it suggest? In clearer words, it may be your liking for the person, attraction or to have a sense of bonding. This can be a psychological effect of liking somebody whom you want to have a bonding (may be imaginary) with and to cherish it further you need something tangible like Celebrity Wallpaper or so.
Some people often relate to them as their role models. They get inspired from them and pave their way of success. These Actor or Actresses quite often act as a source of motivation for their fans. Some people try to be like them by imitating their actions and end up getting bruises over their head or so.
It should be taken in deep consideration that it is always good to have role models but don’t lose your own identity by following them blindly. You may get to be with them or not but always believe that you’re also born to create marvels. Don’t worry to be with the personality, you can be one on your own!
Vivica Mitra is the one who is going to rule your heart with her innocence. An upcoming model, actress, and producer, Vivica was last seen in a Bollywood Film – Singh Is King where her role was short but effective. She has also done a TV series Blue Sandals. She is well versed in quite a few languages like Italian, German, French, Spanish and some Indian languages as well. All in all, Vivica’s classical beauty, versatile and charismatic character is set to electrify Bollywood. To download her Hot and Steamy Wallpapers, please log on to vivicamitra.com.
Posted: May 27, 2013 in Uncategorized
I have always looked up to Madhu Bala, Mahuri Dixit (now Nene) and Malika Sherawat and simply uttered … oh man! This is Bollywood. Indeed, this is the very essence of Bollywood and its actresses who have inspired many girls like me to dream big. This is not just going to be mere an article on Bollywood beauties but a wider picture of it. Some of them floating in to my mind are:-
Madhu Bala – This gorgeous lady with wide beautiful eyes has been the face of Bollywood. She has and she is still ruling hearts of many with her graceful smile. Her career shot up with the film Mr. and Mrs. 55. She is regarded as one of the finest actresses of all times.
Sharmila Tagore – Wears an appealing smile enhanced by dimples – Sharmila Tagore is indeed the most talented and beautiful Bollywood actress of all times. Her prolific acting skills were well proven in super hit films like Aradhna, Amar Prem and Kashmir Ki Kali. She is a National award winner and a proud mother of Bollywood actress Soha Ali Khan and actor Saif Ali Khan.
Zeenat Aman – She easily qualifies for one of the boldest; exceptionally sensational and the classiest Bollywood Actresses of all times. Because of her raw appeal, she was well suited in different genres of Hindi Cinema and portrayed a different face of Indian woman onscreen. She is known for her critically acclaimed performances in two films namely Satyam Shivam Sundaram and Qurbani.
Kajol – Every time you think, that Kajol is not going to act more…she just simply proves you wrong. This dusky beauty is a complete package of talent, good looks and humor quotient. She was appreciated by international critics for her marvelous performance in My Name Is Khan.
Madhuri Dixit – The lady with the killer smile used to be director’s favorite. This girl has indeed set benchmarks for other actresses to follow. She was most recently associated with TV reality show Jhalak Dikhla Ja.
Deepika Padukone – This style diva has created sensation in the nerves with her acting skills. She is one of the most promising faces in the present scenario. With her killer smile and sexy look, she is very popular in the youth brigade.
Apart from all these ravishing beauties, there is someone else who is going to make you dream of her. She is Vivica Mitra. An upcoming model, actress and producer, she was last featured in a Bollywood Film – Singh Is King and was also associated with a TV series Blue Sandals. She can speak Italian, German, French, Spanish and few other Indian languages proficiently. All in all, Vivica’s charming beauty is set to jolt Bollywood. To download her Hot Wallpapers, please log on to vivicamitra.com.